If you are a new mama I can act as a sounding board, a supportive ear, someone to comfort you, brainstorm solutions to your challenges as you navigate the brave new world that motherhood is.
And if you are a mother at any stage, I am here to help you release that anger, guilt, resentment, anxiety, exhaustion and overwhelm and find your unique path to rise and thrive.
Sessions are offered either online or in person in my Wicklow practice.
1-to-1 sessions with me grant you the space to process what you are experiencing, offer you a compassionate ear and the permission to trust yourself. I know that together we can find the answers to whatever is challenging you.
As a newborn mama you might be feeling ...
- that becoming a mother wasn’t at all what you expected.
- very emotional and teary.
- overwhelmed with all of the information and advice being given to you.
- like you have lost yourself a little (or a lot!)
- guilty for not loving every moment of motherhood.
- lonely or isolated
- waves of anxiety or be ‘tired and wired’ or unable to unwind.
- divided – mourning the ‘old’ you and not yet sure of who you are becoming.
- upset that mamas seem to be managing everything so well and you feel like you are not (on this one, trust me, scratch the surface and all of us are feeling the same)
- or maybe it is something entirely other that you just want a listening ear to hear.
Tell me more …
Traditionally in many cultures, you as a new mother would have been held and heard by those around you. You would have had a sounding board, a supportive ear, someone to comfort you, brainstorm solutions to your newborn mama challenges. Someone to whisper in your ear, it’s ok, this isn’t in your head, this experience is natural, hard, normal, real. To hold your hand while you find your feet and learn to trust yourself in your new role. In these strange, socially distanced times, it is even harder than ever to access this support and connection. I would love to offer you that supportive space and listening ear. Sessions include individual aftercare emails and supports.
As a mother at any stage - Are you ...
- feeling that your priorities have shifted since becoming a mother
- struggling with a sense of never being or doing enough
- feeling you never manage to get it ‘right’
- feeling a sense of grief for that ‘old you’ and your old life
- feeling lost, unsure who this new ‘you’ is
- finding it hard to stop, unwind, let go
- feeling drained and overwhelmed
- feeling a sense of anger and frustration
- wishing you could be more present for your children
- feeling like you are not being the mama you want to be
Yes this is me! Tell me more!
When you become a mother, you split in two – who you used to be, and who you are now as a mother.
Matrescence is about exploring what that split is and how to bring a new version of your whole self back together again.
As an accredited Mama Rising™️ Facilitator I am here to walk with you through a series of simple yet profound steps proven to help you find release and ease from these all too common experiences and to understand your motherhood journey from a completely new and powerful perspective. We work together for a series of transformative sessions, plus you will receive an aftercare email following each session with journaling prompts, resources and self tending supports.
What other mamas are saying
“Was feeling so meh before the call tonight. Feel so much better afterward! Thank you!”
“Thanks so much for our call tonight, Layla! It felt so good to be able to chat and share with such a great bunch of ladies. I am ready for the week now! :)”
“Layla has created such a safe and welcoming space for us to meet in. So glad I have found this group!”
I’d love to stay in touch.